IUPUI University Library Records, 1940-2005
The IUPUI University Library grew out of the libraries of Indiana University-Indianapolis, the School of Social Work, and Purdue University-Indianapolis Extension. In 1974 the director of University Library became the chief administrator of the 38th Street Campus Library (originally the library of the Purdue University-Indianapolis Extension), the School of Physical Education Library, and the Herron School of Art Library. The Physical Education Library was merged into University Library during the 1982-1983 school year, and the staff and materials from the 38th Street Campus Library moved into the new University Library building in 1993. The Herron library remains housed in the art school.
Records include correspondence, reports, minutes, publications, and other materials.
Personnel records in this collection are restricted. The remainder of the collection is open to the public without restriction. The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) govern the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Cite as: IUPUI University Library Records, 1940-2005, Ruth Lilly Special Collections and Archives, University Library, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis.
Accessions: A86-6, A87-15, A87-16, A87-21, A88-21, A88-33, A89-21, A89-29, A90-2, A90-20, A90-22, A90-36, A91-13, A91-30, A91-31, A92-9, A92-13, A93-39, A93-42, A93-44, A93-49, A93-59, A93-90, A94-1, A94-28, A94-95, A95-1, A95-2, A95-23, A95-26, A95-59, A96-18, A96-21, A96-32, A1997/98-022, A1998/99-015, A1998/99-020, A1999/00-016, A2000/01-023, A2005/06-012, A2005/06-034, A2007/08-006.
This preliminary inventory serves as an interim guide to the described records, many of which are not fully arranged. A finished finding aid to the records of this university unit will be prepared at a future date.
This collection of digital images visually represents IUPUI's history and
development as a teaching facility, an academic institution, a continually
transforming campus, and a group of ever growing students, faculty, and staff.
Last updated by bburk on 03/02/2009