The collections listed are only a portion of the materials held by the Ruth
Lilly Special Collections and Archives, and additional collections are added on
basis. Catalog-level information about each of the collections can also be
in IUCAT, Indiana University Libraries'
online catalog. For a complete listing of collections, contact Special
Collections and Archives through
Ask an Archivist.
- Larry Allyn Conrad Papers, 1947-1993
- Papers of an Indiana civic leader and Secretary of State.
- Jessie Groves Collection, 1915-1977
- Collection of photographs and an oral history documenting her nursing career at Long Hospital and Riley Hospital over a course of four decades.
- Norbert Krapf Papers, 1977-1996
- Papers dealing with the research and publication of Finding the Grain: Pioneer German Journals and Letters from Dubois County, Indiana.
- Neil E. Matthew Photographs, 1940-1983
- A photographic documentary of scenes and places
- National Council on Public History Records, 1977-2002
- Records of an organization advancing the professionalism of public history and advocating enhanced public and governmental support for historical programs.
- Organization of American Historians Records, 1906-2003
- Records of a historical organization devoted to the study of American history. The organization established in 1907 under the name of Mississippi Valley Historical Association but eventually outgrew its regional focus and changed in 1965 to the Organization of American Historians.
- John C. Tacoma Mushroom Slide Collection, 1968-1978
- Slide collection of mushrooms common to the Midwest region.
- 32nd General Hospital Collection, ca. 1918-1997
- Collection of records from an Indianapolis-based medical unit that participated in World War I and World War II.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Records, 1920-2007
- Records of an international honor society for nurses, established in 1922, committed to fostering excellence, scholarship and leadership in nursing to improve health care worldwide.
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society of North America, Indiana University Medical Center (Indianapolis, Ind.) Chapter 175 Records
- Records of a local chapter of an international honor society of scientists, established in 1961, that recognizes research achievement and carries with it the opportunity for members to work cooperatively.
- Jonathan Weiss Papers, 1947-2002
- Unpublished works of fiction and personal correspondence of the director of Legal Services for the Elderly Poor and the son of renowned philosopher Paul Weiss.
- Paul Weiss Papers, 1926-2001
- Papers dealing with the career and writings of this American philosopher noted for his work in metaphysics.