- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Research a Topic
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
UL Event Coordinators
UL EVENT COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Event Coordinator
Summary of Position: This is a part-time, entry-level position requiring the candidate to schedule and coordinate all special events, meetings, conferences and classes within University Library conference rooms, classrooms and the Lilly Auditorium. This position reports to the Client Support Team and will be responsible for creating and maintaining UL facilities usage and event scheduling policies, along with developing advertising to promote UL as a premier host on campus for academic conferences, events and meetings.Duties:
- Work directly with campus officials and UL staff to coordinate all events, meetings and classes held within UL building.
- Manage the Event Management Systems (EMS) Enterprise software to plan, schedule, coordinate and approve all requests for UL meeting spaces and technology.
- Assist the UL Director of Information Systems on the Client Support Team with various projects related to UL technology, space planning, and client support
- Work directly with Consultant Supervisors in creating room scheduling policies and procedures for student workers
- Schedule and delegate various UL room support responsibilities to UL Client Support student employees, including: greeting and assisting UL clients with all room setup/configuration, event catering, and technology requests.
- Train new student consultants on UL Event Management policies and procedures.
- Use creativity and enthusiasm to help create and maintain room scheduling policies, procedures and advertising which will promote UL as an inviting, welcoming space on campus for all types of academic conferences and events.
Qualifications: High School Diploma and 1-3 years of event management experience and/or equivalent training. Excellent customer service skills are a must. A student seeking a Tourism, Conventions and Event Management degree is highly desirable. This candidate must have basic computer knowledge and the ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment. Experience working directly with people in a customer service role is highly desirable. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is highly desirable. This is a team-based working environment so the candidate must be able to work well with others. The position if 10-15 hours per week and pays $10.00 per hour. WORK-STUDY PREFERRED.
Last updated by alosey on 10/09/2007