- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Guides to Research
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
Open House at the Center for Digital Scholarship: November 22, 2013
To celebrate the launch of the Center for Digital Scholarship we will also host a special open house in November for the campus and the community to learn more about our work. The event will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22, on the ground floor of the University Library.
The center works to provide open access to IUPUI scholarship, research data and the cultural heritage of our communities. With Kristi L. Palmer as director, the center disseminates unique scholarship, data and artifacts created by IUPUI faculty, students, staff and community partners; advocates for the rights of authors, fair use and open access to information and publications; implements best practices for the creation, description, preservation, sharing and reuse of digital collections; and provides digital scholarship consultations and literacy services.
Located in Room 1115 on the first floor of the library, the Center for Digital Scholarship is open for services and questions related to open access. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday. Recent collaborations with IUPUI scholars and Indiana community organizations include:
- Advances in Social Works: A peer-reviewed, open access journal -- one of seven journals hosted on Open Journal Systems at IUPUI.
- Faculty Grants: Supporting the digitization and online organization of open access collections related to faculty scholarship.
- Indianapolis Recorder: Open access to over 5,000 issues and 106 years of African American history in a community newspaper.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Collection: Open access to over 14,000 historic images dating back to 1909.
- IUPUI DataWorks: A new open access data repository for preserving and sharing IUPUI digital research data.
- IUPUI Open Access Publishing Fund: A pilot fund of $47,000 to underwrite reasonable publication charges for articles published in fee-based, peer-reviewed, open access journals.
- IUPUI ScholarWorks: An open access repository of over 3,000 articles, reports, posters, dissertations and theses by IUPUI faculty and students.
- Neighborhood of Saturdays: A unique digital humanities collaboration providing open access to over 500 images and artifacts from a multiethnic neighborhood on the near south side of Indianapolis.