- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Guides to Research
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
- Need Help?
IUPUI Students, faculty and staff may place hold requests online for delivery of materials to another library using the 'Request Delivery' fuction in IUCAT. Materials that are already checked out may not be requested. Requests for delivery usually take 4-7 working days to complete. Recalls are processed as a last resort in most cases, after all other borrowing options have been exhausted. If a title is not available at another IU Library, and is not avaliable through Inter-library loan, only then may a patron request a recall. Only items owned by IUPUI University Library may be recalled. We are unable to place recalls on items owned by other IU Libraries. Current IUPUI students, staff and faculty may request a recall in person at the Circulation Desk. Indiana Resident users are ineligible to place recalls.
Materials from the IUB Kinsey Library, Lilly Library, CEDIR Library, Archives of Traditional Music Library, University Archives Library, and the Bloomington Residence Halls are excluded. In addition, some materials (i.e. reference books, other non-circulating collections and short term loan collections) from other libraries may be excluded.
User login is necessary to provide the connection to My Account and to allow a persistent connection to Request Delivery. Use your university ID and password to login.
To Use Request Delivery:
- Log in to IUCAT
- Search for the item. If you find a list of titles, click on the title link to see the full record, including library, shelving location, and call number
- Click on the Request Delivery link in the box on the right hand side of the screen. If there is a picture of a book jacket, the link appears directly below it
- Select a library from the drop down menu. This is the library where you will pick up your materials
- Select a date after which you do not want the item. Use the calendar icon next to the box to select the date. You may leave this box blank.
- Click on the Request Delivery button
- Your request will be confirmed or denied. If the request is denied, click on More Options for additional information, then click on the link for Bloomington. You will see links to forms for recalls and interlibrary loan and a place to ask for assistance
- You will receive an email message when the item is ready for pickup. To review the status of a request or to cancel a request, click the My Account link in the red bar near the top of the IUCAT screen and select Review My Account from the next screen. Your delivery requests appear at the bottom of this screen
All books charged out are subject to recall for another library user when the current borrower has been given at least a two-week borrowing period. If materials checked out to you have been recalled, the original due date has been shortened, and you have 10 days to return them to the library. Recalled items are not eligible for renewal, and failure to return a recalled item by the recall due date will result in a minimum of a $25 fine and the suspension of borrowing privileges.
- Recall request are for University Library books only and you must be a Faculty, Staff or Student
- Materials needed for course reserves will be recalled immediately
Submiting a recall request:
Recalling materials should be a last resort to obtain needed materials, as other borrowing methods are faster. Before processing a recall we encourage our users to verify there are no available copies at other IU libraries, or copies available at nearby libraries that can be received through Interlibrary Loan services.
To request a recall fill out and submit the Recall Request form. If your request meets the criteria described above a recall will be placed and you will be sent an email confirmation. When the recalled item arrives you will receive an email notification.
Last updated by jpcooper on 02/16/2015