- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Guides to Research
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
- Need Help?
News from the Center for Digital Scholarship
You already know that the libraries on campus, including University Library, provide you with access to a wealth of information: journals, databases, books, and tools to help you manage information. We also provide instructional support and one-on-one consultations. What you may not know is that we can also help you find data for your senior research project, master's thesis, dissertation project, or your latest funding award. Some of the best and least known resources are below, but contact your subject librarian if you need help navigating them. This list is not comprehensive, so ask us for help if you can't find what you need!
- Data.gov: One central location to access data from various government agencies, including, state, local, and city agencies.
- Open Government Data: https://www.data.gov/open-gov/
- American FactFinder: Provides access to data about the United States, Puerto Rico and the Island Areas. The data in American FactFinder come from several censuses and surveys.
- NIH Data Sharing Repositories: NIH-supported data repositories that make data accessible for reuse
- WorldBank Open Data: Free and open access to data about development in countries around the globe.
- Savi: Contains a wealth of free data about the social, physical, and economic conditions of Central Indiana communities from counties to neighborhoods and census tracts, as well as information on thousands of non-profit and community-based organizations and programs.
- Key lists of open data repositories:
Licensed or Restricted Data @ IUPUI
- ICPSR (Inter-university Consortium for Political & Social Science Research): Advances and expands social and behavioral research, acting as a global leader in data stewardship and providing rich data resources and responsive educational opportunities for present and future generations.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight Tables: Full-text tables and downloadable files of statistical information produced by U.S. Federal agencies, states, private organizations, and major intergovernmental organizations.
- Be sure to check out the guide on US Federal Goverment Statistics
Last updated by andjsmit on 11/21/2013