- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Guides to Research
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
- Need Help?
Convert Files to PDF
Convert a file to PDF
- In the Acrobat toolbar, click the Create button and choose PDF From File.
- In the Open dialog box, select the file.
- Click Open to convert the file to a PDF.
- When the new PDF opens, choose File > Save As, then select a name and location for the PDF.
When naming a PDF that’s intended for electronic distribution, limit the filename to eight characters (with no spaces) and include the .pdf extension. This action ensures that email programs or network servers don’t truncate the filename and that the PDF opens as expected.
Create merged PDFs
In a merged PDF, converted documents flow into a single PDF as sequential pages.
- In the Acrobat toolbar, click the Create button and choose Combine Files into a Single PDF.
- Drag and drop your desired files into the Combine Files box that opens.
- As needed, do any of the following in the list of files:
- To rearrange the order of files on the list, select a file, then drag it or click the up or down arrow.
- To sort the list, click the column name that you want to sort by. Click again to sort in reverse order.
- Click Options to specify conversion settings, including file size.
- Click Combine Files.
A status dialog box shows the progress of the file conversions.
Last updated by aproctor on 05/26/2015